The Minnesota Book Publishers' Roundtable began more than twenty-five years ago as a small group of publishing professionals meeting around a restaurant table and has blossomed into a diverse group representing a cross section of publishing activity in Minnesota. Its purpose is:
- To develop, advance, and promote the book publishing industry in Minnesota and adjacent areas;
- To provide book publishers and others in related professions and trades an opportunity to exchange ideas and experience;
- To promote good fellowship and friendly cooperation among its members.
Our bimonthly meetings provide a casual lunch and networking time along with the opportunity to hear key speakers address issues that are timely and informative for publishing professionals. In addition, the Roundtable partners with MN Publishing Tweet Up in hosting monthly happy hours for publishing professionals, colleagues, and book lovers.
Our meetings are held at Open Book, 1011 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN. Fees for lectures reserved in advance are $20 for members and $25 for nonmembers. If space allows, a fee of $30 is charged at the door for attendance without a reservation.
Early-bird membership dues are $70 per organization or $35 per individual (plus a small transaction fee if paying by credit card) through October 1. After October 1, the rates will increase to $80 for organizations and $45 for individuals. (The individual rate is intended for freelancers and one-person companies; any organization with two or more employees is required to pay the organization rate.)
There are two ways to join our professional group or renew your membership:
- Fill out a membership application form and submit it by November 1, 2016. If you're renewing and your information has not changed from last season, please indicate that in the form, and we will continue to post your current info in our current member directory. Bring the completed form with your check to our September event, or you can mail it with payment (payable to MBPR) to MBPR, c/o Randy Klinger, Capstone, 5050 Lincoln Drive Suite 200, Edina, MN 55436.
- Pay by credit card through Eventbrite (see below). Please register for the appropriate membership ticket; you can complete the application form during the checkout process.